The FP2030 Performance Monitoring and Evidence working group is offering a volunteer professional development fellowship for young professionals in the field of family planning measurement. The youth fellows will participate in PME WG meetings, work on areas of future work/small group activities and grow professionally in the global family planning measurement field. The youth fellows will be able to communicate with all PME WG members and the FP2030 team to build networks and expand leadership in this field. The youth fellowship is a rotational seat on the PME WG with a two-year term.
Youth fellows of the PME WG are responsible for:
- Providing technical and strategic advice in their areas of expertise. Sharing their specific global health knowledge and experience, based off prior employments or their graduate school experience.
- Working towards stakeholder alignment in their respective spheres of influence, including youth stakeholder groups.
- Promoting the principles and activities of FP2030 while participating in meetings, collaborating with mentors, and networking with all PME WG members.
- Liaising with their communities of practice, building relationships, and encouraging engagement with the FP2030 movement, especially within their organization.
- Serving as a point person for their organization/institution and sharing knowledge gained from the PME WG with their professors and colleagues.
- Be under the age of 30
- Currently enrolled or graduated within 2 years of a PhD or DrPH graduate program related to global health, public health, demography, etc.
- Have 3-5 years of experience working and/or studying in global family planning and sexual and reproductive health measurement.
- Have a strong understanding and interest in the Family Planning 2030 partnership and measurement agenda such as the FP2020 core indicators, the FP2020 results framework, and annual progress report.
- Demonstrate a broad range of technical skills, experience analyzing quantitative or qualitative data, and thematic expertise on areas of the FP2030 measurement agenda.
- Demonstrate professional proficiency in English. Please note that Working Group activities are conducted in English.
Applicants will be reviewed with an eye towards technical expertise and institutional representation while also striving for geographical diversity (both in terms of fellows’ university affiliations and where they are from), gender diversity, and representation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Students or recent graduates from Africa, Asia, or the LAC region are encouraged to apply.
The youth fellowship is a voluntary position with the PME Working Group and FP2030 will aim provide a stipend for students. However, we cannot confirm this at this time. We will confirm this possibility with the selected youth fellows in 2022. We encourage those who would require a stipend to participate to still apply.
The application will close on January 7, 2022. The selected youth fellows will be notified in early 2022 and invited to join the Spring PME WG meeting.