FP2030 will soon be in Kigali! Don’t miss us at the pre-conferences, on the plenary stage, in the exhibit hall, and at our side event. Please join us! And stop by our exhibition booth to play FP2030 Bingo and win your choice of contraception pin.
FP2030 is co-sponsoring two pre-conferences, Girls Deliver and Gender and the Climate Crisis, and Executive Director Dr. Samukeliso Dube is speaker at Scaling Up Actions to End Preventable Maternal Deaths. All info can be found here, https://www.wd2023.org/pre-conferences/
Dr. Dube will appear on the SRHR Plenary stage Tuesday, July 18 from 1:30 PM – 3 PM CAT. Don’t miss this opportunity to talk gender equality and family planning, and how our movement can make progress in the face of regressive policy and other obstacles.
FP2030’s side event, Equity Means Everyone: Expanding the family planning movement to achieve the SDGs will show how the movement for voluntary family planning is intrinsically tied to the broader movement for human rights. The rights and equality of LGBTI people, people with disabilities, young people, women, and other identities are all interdependent – and it’s time to build a family planning movement that includes us all. Speakers include:
- Dr. Samukeliso Dube, FP2030 Executive Director
- Tanzila Khan, Founder, Girlythings
- Mpho (Zawadi) Mashego, Women Deliver Young Leader; Co-founder, The Queer Republic
- Dr. Diana Rodríguez Franco, Secretary of Women’s Affairs, City Government of Bogotá
- Hon. Manty Tarawalli, Minister of Gender and Children’s Affairs, Sierra Leone
- Mereseini Rakuita, Chair of the FP2030 Governing Board
Location: Kigali Convention Centre Room MH1.2
FP2030’s booth shows how rights-based family planning is a catalyst for progress across the 2030 agenda. Stop by to play FP2030 Bingo and win your choice of contraception pin!